Click here to donate to Japan Relief efforts.
Latest Quake update
Recent Earthquakes on and around Vancouver Island
I woke up this morning to Global BC Morning News reporting on the devastating earthquake that hit Japan. It is apparently the biggest quake ever recorded since Japan started keeping stats in the late 1800's.
There is widespread devastation, death and destruction.
We are getting Tsunami warnings here on the coast of British Columbia. Although the effects we will feel will be faint, if any at all, the horror of what has hit Japan is very real.
I have set up Google Alerts so I get an update whenever there is an earthquake anywhere in our World.
I had no idea just how often the earth quakes and shakes. I almost want to cancel the alerts but I feel like I have a responsibility to myself and to the planet to keep on top of what is happening in our World.
I have been a bit down lately, thinking about all the things I don't have, or could have, if only I had more money.
I gave my head a shake this morning, ashamed to realise I haven't been grateful for all the things I do have. My health, my home, my guy, my family and friends, food in my fridge and gas in my car.
I am blessed.
Thanks for reading my Blog.
Make it a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment