Song and Prayer for Japan.
Pets and Wildlife are suffering too.
When I get up in the morning I immediately flip on the TV to see what has developed in Japan overnight. I am saddened and sickened by all of the death, suffering and loss people are enduring because of the Earthquake and now the threat and reality of radiation leaks.
I don't know how they endure all of this. I pray for each and everyone that is suffering. The link that follows is a short video on the strength of some survivors, and their refusal to buckle under the weight and enormity of the situation they find themselves in.
Japanese Cherish the simple among compound tragedy
I sit here in my cosy home drinking hot coffee and contemplating the mess this world is becoming.
![]() |
| Cascadia Fault line |
![]() |
| Queen Charlotte Fault line |
The last big quake to hit this region was in 1946. The town of Courtenay BC, situated approximately mid-island, was devastated by the quake.
All the worry and wondering in the world isn't going to make a lick of difference.
I realise I need to find my 'Happy" place and pray for Peace. Pray for courage if indeed we are hit with a similar tragedy here.
No amount of worry is going to change the course of geological events.
There is much ado in the news about seismic upgrades to schools in British Columbia. There is also some talk about upgrading the parliament buildings. They are old and very crumbly looking.
I will be following the seismic upgrade progress through the media. I am curious to see what BC taxpayers will have to pay for first.
Schools need to be on the very top of the list but I have a niggling thought that the parliament buildings will get priority.
Or not.
Christy Clark has only been in the position of Premier for a few days and she has already made big strides to gain voters confidence.
She is raising the minimum wage to more than ten dollars an hour, to be implemented over the next year, here in BC. She is also abolishing the :entry level" wage that was just over six bucks.
Go Christy!
BC is watching you Christy but, good, bad or ugly, we have learned to passively accept our leadership as long as they are not blatantly ignorant like Gordon Campbell was/is.
Mind you, when I read reports like this , it seems like we will have more of the same, the leader just happens to be wrapped up in a different bag of skin.
Thanks for reading my Blog.
Make it a great day.



1 comment:
The devestating destruction is beyond description. My heart goes out to all those suffering. And I pray that we learn from this, and do what can be done to prepare for our turn.
Post a Comment