I admire anyone that has the resources and courage to travel our Planet in these frightening times.
There are so many catastrophic events happening.
Each morning when I turn on the TV I tune in a news channel. I am greeted with a media blitz of more death, destruction, war, earthquake, child, woman, animal abuses and atrocities.
![]() |
| South America |
I am enjoying their experiences vicariously, reading the blog every time she updates it.
On her most current post she talks about she and Eric both getting tattoos, it is her first so she was a bit nervous.
She says she and Eric were very sad to see animals in the zoo in Beunos Aires.
She writes that most of the animals are alone in their dirty cages, staring out at the tourists taking pictures of them. I am sickened and saddened to hear of this.
She balances the sad by talking about and the beauty of Beunos Aries, the green surroundings, the lush gardens and the many outdoor markets.
I envy youth the ability to see the bigger picture. To be able to go to the other side of the Planet to see and experience something I will likely only ever read about.
I find that I feel safest in my own little corner of the Universe, here on Quadra Island. I feel like I am living in the best place on the Planet.
Our weather is a bit skewed lately. Winter is dragging it's heels, not ready to leave us alone yet. If that is the biggest problem I have to deal with then I am blessed.
I am wise enough to know that the peace and security I feel here is simply home grown.
I understand we could be hit with a catastrophic geological or environmental event, or perhaps evil on a smaller scale, such as robbery, mugging, an accident, at any time.
I prefer to keep the illusion that all is well, that we are untouchable. That we are safe from harm from any direction.
It's crazy that I feel as though I am tempting fate simply writing these words.
Thanks for reading my Blog.
Make it a great day.

1 comment:
Awwwwwwww to once again feel that surge of adventurous youth. Well written, and thank you for the journey..
Post a Comment