The moon was hanging Huge in the sky, right out my window that my computer sits in front of.
As dawn started breaking, the moon became orange.
I sit and watch the transformation to daylight.
The sky is clear blue, the mountains are pristine white, the horizon is many hues of pink.
The ocean , in stark contrast, is gray. While it was still dark, the moonlight was flickering on the surface of the water.
The sun isn't up yet but I can see it shining on the snow covered mountains in the distance.
I took some pictures but my camera is old with not many pixels. I don't think they will do this spectacular scene due justice but I will post some anyway once I load them into my laptop.
It is cold outside this morning.
Everything on the big island is covered in a blanket of snow.
Here on the small island the sun shone yesterday afternoon and melted most of the snow.
The moon just now disappeared completely behind the mountains. ![]() |
| View from my computer chair |
![]() |
| daybreak..look close, see the eagle on the post |
The full moon brings out much emotion in many of us.
My guy went to a meeting last night.
I opted to stay home and have some 'me' time.
He arrived home with multiple stories of addicts that had gone back out and/or are struggling mightily with their sobriety.
Some times I have lots of compassion, other times not so much.
I become impatient with the idea that one can dive back into the bottle, needle, whatever the drug of choice, and then clean up again, dragging themselves to a meeting with their tales tucked in their psyche's to share with the rest of us. Perhaps they are hoping the 'Sobriety God' will charge up on his white horse and save them from themselves.
Sobriety is hard won for many of us. It is a lot of work.
I do have compassion but I also see a pattern of people becoming hooked on the drama of addiction. Some get stuck in an endless 'victim' loop.
I may well need to eat these words one day if per chance I fail and fall but...just for today...this is the truth of how I feel about addiction.
Make it a great day!!



No comments:
Post a Comment