About Me

My photo
Quathiaski Cove, British Columbia, Canada
**Click on the tabs above, Peace, Tarot Readings, Clocks/Carvings 4$ale ,and others. I invite you to visit all of my Pages **To read my most recent Posts, please scroll down a bit.**

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Half an Inch of Water and You Think You're Going to Drown

Some days it just plain feels like that..

John Prine's music makes me smile.

Click on this link to hear a great tune, That's the Way That the World Goes 'Round.

There is a whole lot more than a half an inch of water out there today.  February 15, 2011. 

It has been raining for days. The weatherman is saying it is going to SNOW tomorrow.  To some of us that is a dirty word!!

There was an earthquake on the bigger island today.  The second one in a week. 

I used to feel panicky, thinking there was an imminent shake, rattle and roll of the earth pending under our feet.  Not so much now though. 

When I heard on the news this morning that there was yet another  quake,  click on the blue quake to check out just how many and how often we have quakes in this area,  I idly wonder if we will get a tsunami or if the ground is going to open up and swallow us up.  I have grown accustomed to living in an earthquake zone.  I don't lose any sleep over it..


Recent Earthquake activity

Like knowing the statistics and percentages of people that get Cancer, I , like many other people, think it will never happen to me.

Be it Earthquake or Cancer, if I experience either or both in my lifetime, I only hope it happens fast and isn't too messy!

At high tide the ocean is about 40 feet from our front door.  I can sit for long periods of time and watch the daily marine activity.  There are many boats, mostly tugs pulling barges.  There are also the smaller fishing and recreational boats.  We live directly across the passage from a small seaplane base.  I watch little planes and helicopters take off and land in all kinds of weather, sometimes quite low, barely missing the trees on the small island that lies between us and the big island.

I am blessed once in a while, with the sight of dolphins, their back fins swimming in my view. 

I see eagles and seagulls daily.  There is a big Blue Heron that frequently sits on the railing of our dock.  He/she will sit there for a very long time, waiting for a meal to present itself.  They must be one of the most patient species in the bird world.


I think a few more inches of rain have fallen since I began writing this little blog this morning.

Just another day in my Paradise.

No comments: