![]() |
| Mr. March |
I sit looking out my window at Discovery Passage. There are a thousand shades of gray.
The sky is heavy with dark, thick clouds. Since this morning I have seen snow, rain and sleet.
There is a thin blanket of snow in the yard and on the tree branches. The winds have been calm and gentle.
Thank goodness for small mercies.
The sky is heavy with dark, thick clouds. Since this morning I have seen snow, rain and sleet.
There is a thin blanket of snow in the yard and on the tree branches. The winds have been calm and gentle.
Thank goodness for small mercies.
The dogs have been out for a pee a couple of times.
They do their business and scoot right back to the door.
They do their business and scoot right back to the door.
I see a tug coming into view from the top end of the passage. It is pulling a barge carrying what appears to be road building equipment. There is another tug pushing the barge from behind. I don't often see that.
There haven't been many boats traveling the passage today.
This weather must be challenging for even the most seasoned sea captains.
This weather must be challenging for even the most seasoned sea captains.
I am located almost directly across the passage from one of Campbell River's seaplane bases.
I saw a helicopter and one small plane take off a couple of hours ago. There must have been a break in the cloud cover enough for them to get through.
I saw a helicopter and one small plane take off a couple of hours ago. There must have been a break in the cloud cover enough for them to get through.
I was a remote camp cook for about a dozen years. I was a passenger on small seaplanes often. The pilots regularly flew in inclement weather.
After a two or three week shift in a remote camp, flying in windy , rainy weather was small potatoes. Sometimes scary, but small potatoes none the less.
After a two or three week shift in a remote camp, flying in windy , rainy weather was small potatoes. Sometimes scary, but small potatoes none the less.
I am blessed that I never had to deal with any thing more than a slightly frightening flight. I remember a few great guys that lost their lives in plane crashes flying to, or home, from their jobs in remote camps.
![]() |
| Ms. March |
I hope for a robust and healthy lamb to come skipping into the picture no later than the second Sunday in March.
Thanks for reading my Blog.
Make it a great day.



No comments:
Post a Comment