About Me

My photo
Quathiaski Cove, British Columbia, Canada
**Click on the tabs above, Peace, Tarot Readings, Clocks/Carvings 4$ale ,and others. I invite you to visit all of my Pages **To read my most recent Posts, please scroll down a bit.**

Friday, February 18, 2011

I Saw Your Picture Today...

Yesterday I found a handful of CD's I had created on my computer a couple of years ago. 

I sat down at my computer to check them out one by one to see what was on them. 

Most were old music CD's. 

I used to get up in the morning, chuck a handful of songs on a disc and that is what I would listen to in my car as I drove around taking care of business and visiting friends that day.



The view from inside my 5th wheel


Much to my delight and surprise, one of the discs opened up to a wealth of pictures. 

I don't label my CD's, frustrating habit of mine, and I just assumed they were all tunes. 

Anyway, on the disc there were over 300 pictures.  At the time the pictures were taken I was living in a fifth wheel trailer about 14 feet from the high tide line in Qualicum Bay. At high tide, the ocean was held back by a seawall.  On stormy days the ocean spray would hit the windows at the back of my 5th wheel.  It was an exhilarating and beautiful place to be.

I also literally, captured the break of dawn.

The Break of Dawn
 It was an amazing place to live.  I spent many an hour looking out my window at the wild and wonderful ocean.

I had a Rottweiler pup when I lived there too.  I named him Tar, the nickname of a dear friend that had died in a motorcycle accident the year before. 

Tar was/is, an amazing dog.  I gave him to my son because living in a small space with a big dog just wasn't working out very well.  I also had to re-locate and much to my dismay, I found that not many owners of RV Parks are willing to have big dogs on their property.

My son takes great care Tar.  The timing was good, as my son had recently had his old Rottie put down due to age related medical issues.

Tar has grown into a 160 pound bucket of Love.  He fits into my Son's home and lifestyle very well.

UH-OH!  Busted!


This is a picture of Tar when he was about 6 months old.  I  gave him the boot to chew on so the picture isn't as incriminating as it looks. 
He loved it!

I  occasionally miss Tar and wish he was still my dog but I know he has an awesome home. 

My circumstance changed and I now have another dog, ShyeAnne.  She too, is a spectacular animal and I have grown to love her as much as I love Tar.



As I continued to peruse the photo disc I came across many pictures of myself.  A couple of years ago I was 10 to 15 pounds lighter than I am today.

I don't obsess over my weight but lately I have been feeling a bit pudgy.  I was thinking it was about time to lose a few pounds.I was startled to find, instead of looking at those pictures and longing to be thin, that I prefer the look of myself with the additional weight on my bones.  I look and feel much healthier and happier these days.  I want to be healthy, treat my body well, eat right and exercise, but I no longer want to lose weight. 

I love me just the way I are!!!

So, I will continue to exercise, it definitely is good for the body and soul.  I am just so very happy to realise my motivation had changed from the superficiality of wanting to be thin to wanting to be healthy. 

Make it a great day!

No comments: