About Me

My photo
Quathiaski Cove, British Columbia, Canada
**Click on the tabs above, Peace, Tarot Readings, Clocks/Carvings 4$ale ,and others. I invite you to visit all of my Pages **To read my most recent Posts, please scroll down a bit.**

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Patience...so pa

I am reading this book right now, Ancient Wisdom, Modern World, written by the Dalai Lama. 

Some of it is beyond my comprehension but, for the most part, I understand his message.  He speaks about patience, understanding and compassion for all living things. 

I understand, in theory, what he is saying, but in order to put it into daily practise I think one would have to BE the Dalai Lama. 

That would only be a good thing though.  He is holy and real all at the same time. 


 Reading this book now is timely for me. 

I am experiencing a great deal of impatience, lack of compassion and understanding for my fellow humans.  I get frustrated very easily with people, places and things. 

I do not tolerate fools well and in the dark of the morning, when I first get up, I realise it is because I am being one, a fool. I want to add that this is necessarily always a bad thing.  Sometimes letting myself be a fool is refreshing.  But there are Fools and then there are Fools. 

http://www.wizardandwitch.com/tarot-card-of-the-day-the-fool/

Choices, choices..

I am allowing myself to be angry and mad and small minded about life. 

I feel like I am in an almost constant battle with myself and the Universe.

Before you think I am beating myself up, I have to say, I don't dwell in this mind state for long.  Yesterday I wasn't even willing to look at how cranky I was making my world.  I was tucked into the spin cycle of believing other people were responsible for my state of mind.  I wouldn't allow myself to recognise that I am the only one that can change my outlook. 

No one else is responsible for me.  If I do not like my circumstance I am the one to change it. 

Sometime in the night, as I tossed and turned and slept my restless sleep, I came full circle and remembered that if I want to wake up with a smile on my face I simply have to choose it. 

I woke up determined to make it a great day. 

So far, I haven't bitten the heads off of any small animals.  I have only been up for an hour so it's not an accurate testament to how my whole day will be. 

As long as I keep remembering to choose happy, or at least patience, I will make it through the day in a good space. 

I hope to spread smiles instead of childishly lashing out at the World.



I am going to make an effort to make it a great day.  My sister put those words on her Facebook Newsfeed a few months ago:

Make it a Great Day.

I have used that statement many times since as my mantra.

I'll write tomorrow morning about how my day went today.

I have lofty expectations!