About Me

My photo
Quathiaski Cove, British Columbia, Canada
**Click on the tabs above, Peace, Tarot Readings, Clocks/Carvings 4$ale ,and others. I invite you to visit all of my Pages **To read my most recent Posts, please scroll down a bit.**

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Could I Quit My Day Job?

I am just getting my feet wet with Blogging.  I am Googling tips and tricks to write a successful blog.  As long as I show up each day and keep writing, I am hopeful this blog will turn into a money making venture.  I am teaching myself a new task or two each morning.  My brain is freshest first thing, before the clutter of the day sets in.  Today, as a courtesy, I will display this link, http://chrisbrogan.com/ .  It was on his blog I found many ideas to begin blogging. 
I am investigating the app AdSense.   AdSense places advertising on my page relevant to the subject and content.  When someone chooses to click on an ad included on my blog page by Google AdSense, I make a commission. I will make money based on Internet traffic to my blog.  There is also an app called AdWords.  I am learning how AdWords work.  When I fully understand what I am doing, I will begin purchasing AdWords and creating ads to be placed on the search engines. 
What I understand so far I found on this  site, https://googleemea.connectsolutions.com/p40122033/  .  An Irish fella with a pleasant voice walked me through the primary basics of purchasing and using AdWords.  Once the focus of my blog becomes clear to me I will know which words will best suit my blog.
If I were to write a blog on horses for instance, I may potentially purchase words like 'horse' 'foal' 'colt' 'mare' to name a few.  I would then create a short ad using some or all of these words.  When someone does a Google search  containing one or more of these words, my ad will show on the computer screen, either above or to the right of the search results.  When someone searches using one of the AdWords I purchased the theory is they may see my ad and decide to click on it. 
Google AdWords is a pay-per-click service which means I only pay when someone clicks through to my blog.    
I am beginning to understand the concept of creating an online presence.  A glimmering of understanding is poking through.  There is a wealth of articles online to help me with this process.
Could I Quit My Day Job?  I would need to get one 1st!!!
My next challenge is to learn the feature, After the Jump. Using this feature allows me to show just the first few lines of a blog post and creates a link to enable the reader to read the rest of the post.  It will be a useful function to help me improve on the layout of my articles. I still haven't mistressed the art of word wrap, evidence being the white space beside the picture of the horse above..
quick update: It looks like 'word wrap' figured itself out for me..

No comments: