About Me

My photo
Quathiaski Cove, British Columbia, Canada
**Click on the tabs above, Peace, Tarot Readings, Clocks/Carvings 4$ale ,and others. I invite you to visit all of my Pages **To read my most recent Posts, please scroll down a bit.**

Sunday, January 30, 2011

If I Had a Million Dollars...

Well, a million would be a good start anyway...


I was laying in bed last night thinking of ways I would utilise the money if I won a lottery, a big lottery.
There are so many causes and organisations that could benefit from an infusion of loot.


If I were in a position to help people, I would provide free dental services without a million miles of red tape or administration fees.


I believe our medical system is flawed in the area of dental coverage.  I believe that good physical health starts in the mouth.  I believe if we were able to look after our teeth and gums sufficiently many physical and emotional health issues could be eliminated or at least lessened. 

Good dental hygiene is important on many levels.

First, it is integral to the health of your mouth, which can help you avoid painful infections and even surgery in the future. Too many cavities can be dangerous, and those cavities that become abscess can lead to even worse problems such as root canals or teeth removal.

Secondly, good dental hygiene is important cosmetically. If you have a nice, healthy smile, people will see you as self confident. You will also feel more confident as well. Additionally, good dental hygiene leads to better breath and whiter teeth, making you feel better when speaking directly to people.

A solid regimen of good dental hygiene would help ensure you that you maintain a healthy smile for many years to come.

Dental maintenance wasn't a priority in my family when I was growing up.  Most, if not all of the cash flow in our household went for food and shelter and to maintain addictions and afflictions, a couple of examples being tobacco and alcohol.  Unless one of us had a tooth that was infected and achy, there was not much emphasis put on dental hygiene.  Cosmetic dentistry wasn't even on the table as an option.

When I was  about 18, after I left home, I went to a dentist to address the condition of my cavity filled teeth.  He was a kind and compassionate man.  He fixed my front teeth with enamel fillings, allowing me the freedom and confidence to smile.  And smile wide I did!! That dental work improved my confidence a great deal.

Ya, if I had a Million Dollars...

Make it a Great day!!

No comments: