And lots of it....I had plans to go out this morning but one lookout the window changed my mind. We live at the bottom of a hill. I would need to slip slide up the walk, slip slide up the driveway and then slip slide up the road. Not much into slip sliding..not on snow.
Living on one of the small Gulf Islands has it's challenges. Snow simply is another curve ball chucked my way.
Every Wednesday morning something has come up to prevent me from going. Last week it was laziness, the week before it was Christmas. Today, on this Wednesday, it is a foot or so of snow that came down in the night. I like the idea of being snowed in. West Coast weather is , for the most part, mild. It looks like it is already raining. By noon the snow will be gone.
I am going to attempt to go for these tests next Wednesday. I have a whole week to come up with a reason not to go.
There is so much death, destruction and devastation reported everyday. I watch the ills of the world unfold as I sit sipping my coffee. Sadly, I think I have become immune to much of it. I casually listen to the news commentator relay tales of thousands of people displaced because of earthquake, flood, famine. It is a bizarre and uneven playing field, this Planet Earth.
My biggest problem today is being snowed in, I am blessed. We are blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment