I went to the laundry mat today. Most of my clothing is too tight to wear right now. I am afflicted (for the moment) with 14 or so pounds of superfluous weight, a topic for another time. Almost everything I do fit into was dirty. We (my guy and I) were driving along in the sunshine, to the other side of the Island we live on. There are two laundry mats. One on the east side, one on the west. The west one is closer but we drive to the east one because it's a bit cheaper. My guy doesn't take into consideration the cost of the gas burned, getting us the 12 miles round trip and I leave him with his illusions, he feels like he is being responsible and thrifty. I don't want to take that joy away from him...but I digress..
| Discovery Passage, BC |
back to me...It is January. I have on army green khaki pants, elastic at the ankles, mesh fabric on the pockets..a pair of old, scuffed, tan work boots. A yellow t-shirt and this AWFUL jacket I got in the thrift store last month. I don't know what I may have been thinking. It is a very dark, almost brown, burgundy with ruched stitching on the front and arms, creating a bubble look. The jacket stops and inch or so below my waist, shot elastic circling my hips. The hood is large and floppy with reams of fake gray fur falling out all over everything. Attention Walmart shopper, yes, I truly felt like I belonged in one of the many emails that circulate, full of pictures of bizarros in green tights, high heels and fake fur.
I took my coat off when it was time to fold laundry. I placed it on top of a basket in the corner with what looked like forgotten and/or donated clothes up for grabs.Maybe someone will see it and appreciate it more than I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment