I have always had a love hate relationship with exercise. I don't quite understand why as when I exercise regularly I feel GREAT. Keeping it simple allows me to stay focused on the fifteen flabby pounds I want to ditch in two months.
My exercise equipment consists of two little ragged blue three pound weights, a rickety red ab roller picked up in a thrift store, and a six by six, two foot long block of wood(my aerobic step!) my guy had stashed for a future carving. I put on 'The Seventies' music on the Galaxy network of music on TV. Then, making sure there are no eyes on me, dog and/or guy, I chuck and jive my little heart out for a minimum of a half hour. I am an early riser, 5 AM usually. It takes me until 7AM to get my ass moving. Once I am up and moving I actually truly enjoy it. A half hour spent moving passes quickly. The payoff for all the grunting, sweating, jumping and bending is that I feel GOOD when I am done. My adrenalin is pumped, my brain is calm, my heart is content.
My girth has expanded this past year. I had to go up THREE sizes to feel comfortable wearing my Levi's. I have learned, over the years, to keep a variety of sizes on hand. My weight has a 15 pound swing. This year I am at the top end of the scale. I am giving second thoughts to that bowl of ice cream after supper, cereal before bed habit I have fallen in to. A bowl of ice cream at about 275 calories, tastes amazing. The thing is, to keep it from manifesting as flab on my stomach, I would need to walk for 67 minutes, run for 27 minutes, swim for 20 minutes or ride my bike for 37 minutes.
"Just put down the spoon Shelley. Put down the spoon and walk away.' Good Girl!!

1 comment:
I'm enjoying a peek into your daily life - very interesting and informative...certainly not boring, lol! I'll post this as "ananymous" because I'm new to this and don't know which profile to choose. You might be able to help me with that, eh?
Post a Comment