About Me

My photo
Quathiaski Cove, British Columbia, Canada
**Click on the tabs above, Peace, Tarot Readings, Clocks/Carvings 4$ale ,and others. I invite you to visit all of my Pages **To read my most recent Posts, please scroll down a bit.**

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Psychic Energy & the Teddy Bear

My Mom died in 2003.  She died early Christmas morning.  She was transported by air from Terrace BC to Vancouver BC with the hope that the better equipped St. Paul's Hospital could operate on her to save her life.  Sadly, it was not to be. 

I had been on my way on a  Greyhound bus, to see her in Terrace.  I was in transit when the decision was made to send her to Vancouver.  When I was disembarking from the bus in Prince George BC, a rest stop for the passengers, I saw the familiar face of a dear childhood friend in the crowded bus depot.  I hadn't told him I was passing through and I was pleasantly surprised to see him.  He grabbed me and gave me a big hug.  He then told me my Mom had been flown to Vancouver and I needed to turn around and go back to the Mainland.  I was trying to get my brain around the change of plans.  I had been dreading, for many reasons, the return to Terrace.  I was now given a reprieve, albeit for a crazy and sad reason.

My friend took me to his home.  He provided a nice hot bath and a good meal.  We visited for a few hours then he took me back to the bus depot and got me on a bus back to the Coast. 

When I reached Vancouver, my Aunt, my Mom's sister, was there to meet me at the bus station.  She was so very supportive and kind.  We drove to St. Paul's.  I didn't know what to expect.

Christmas Eve, 2003 and I was on my way to the Intensive Care ward to see my Mom, likely for the last time. 

When I arrived at her bedside, she lay there so tiny, wrapped up in warm blankets.  Her legs had been operated on in a valiant attempt by the doctors, to restore her circulation and hopefully keep her on the planet for a while longer.   She was not conscious.  I sat and talked to her for awhile.  She was unresponsive but somehow, I knew she knew I was there.

Some time passed and I left the room to take a break for a little while.  As I went out into the hallway there was my beautiful little sister, limping up the hall using a cane.  She had come from Vancouver Island to see Mom.  She had her own health issues but there she was in all of her 4'11" glory.  She had on bright colors and her white blond hair shone. 

We both went into Mom's room.  I remember, at one point, an hour or so after my sister arrived, leaning over my Mom and yelling, "Mom, it's Shelley!! Mom, please wake up!"

The most wondrous thing happened.  One of my Mom's amazing blue eyes opened, just a crack.  She looked straight at me and I knew, without any doubt, that she was present, if only for that split second.  She knew we were there.

Another hour passed.  My sister and I left to go across the street and get a motel room.  We tried, unsuccessfully, to sleep.  Around 4 AM we got a call from the hospital.  Mom had passed away.

By 7 AM my sister and I were down on the streets of Vancouver, waiting to catch a transit bus to the ferry so we could go home to Vancouver Island.

Somewhere along the way in my Mother's journey.  Her purse had been misplaced.  She had in it her I.D. and some personal items including a small crocheted bear that my niece had made for her.  She was quite fond of the bear, which explained the presence of it in her purse.

We didn't think too much about Mom's purse being missing at the time.  Our Mother dying made everything else pale in it's significance.

About a week after my Mom passed away, my older sister received a call from one of our Aunt's on my Dad's side of the family.  She had been to see a psychic.  The psychic gave my Aunt a message to give to us, Mom's kids.  The psychic asked her to tell us that the bear would be returned.

My Aunt was quite confused.  She didn't know what the psychic meant but she followed through, phoned my older sister and gave her the message.  My sister then became confused as none of us knew the Bear was in Mom's purse.

A few days later my sister got a call from St. Paul's.  They told her Mom's purse had been located. 

My sister went to pick it up.  When she opened the purse to see the contents, there was the bear, snuggled in with Mom's 'purse' stuff. 

Energy.

1 comment:

Mikel said...

That story put a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.......