About Me

My photo
Quathiaski Cove, British Columbia, Canada
**Click on the tabs above, Peace, Tarot Readings, Clocks/Carvings 4$ale ,and others. I invite you to visit all of my Pages **To read my most recent Posts, please scroll down a bit.**

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Three...UGH

This is my third day of what I believe is a flu bug ravaging my body.  UGH and Double  UGH.  I think "Flu" is a catchall phrase for feeling ill.  I am not sure I have the Flu.  I am achy in all my bones, pains in my stomach, headache, sweaty and weak.  Yikes!!  It looks ominous when I write all the symptoms down.

This picture truly depicts how I feel this morning.

I am listening to the Morning News on Global BC with Sophie Loui.  She was just talking about it being Blue Monday, supposedly the most depressing day of the year.  That, coupled with my Flu, doesn't give me a cheery outlook on the day. 

I feel slightly guilty when I am sick.  I don't know where this feeling stems from.  I feel like I ought to be up doing dishes and cleaning the floors. 

My guy is somewhat sympathetic to my plight.  He blissfully ignores, or just plain doesn't see, our home falling into disarray as I lay listlessly on the couch.  We have different comfort levels when it comes to a clean home.  He voices concern about my health, goes to the drugstore to load up on medications that might help me.  I don't know that any medications actually help.  It's a psychological thing, if I think the medicine will help it does, if I don't it won't.  I sense his impatience with my ill health.  He is not one that functions well left to his own devices. He had cereal for supper last night, too lazy to make a meal more substantial.

I don't want, or need, to get sidetracked by his actions, it only makes me more depressed.  I am patiently waiting for him to get up.  When he does, I am going to go back to bed.  I am going to go back to bed for the whole day and concentrate on getting lots of rest and drinking plenty of fluids, the only tried and true way that I know of to get rid of the Flu.
Flu....UGH


No comments: