I've been staying with my dear friend for a few days while she recuperates from a car accident.
It is challenging to watch those we love suffering. She was hit head on while waiting to make a left turn off of a local highway. The impact of hitting the steering wheel cracked her sternum. Every breath she takes hurts her. The recovery process can take up to three months.
It is challenging to watch those we love suffering. She was hit head on while waiting to make a left turn off of a local highway. The impact of hitting the steering wheel cracked her sternum. Every breath she takes hurts her. The recovery process can take up to three months.
As she says, "It could have been worse."
I say, "Thank God it wasn't."
I say, "Thank God it wasn't."
Everyday in Everyway, humans are subject to dying in the blink of an eye.
Car accidents, cancer, drug overdose, random shootings, thousands of ways to die.
Everyday in Everyway.
It's a wonder we are able to talk ourselves out of the comfort of our warm beds (for those of us that have them) and face another day of random possibilities.
If it weren't for our faith in life and in ourselves, our beliefs and spiritual practises, whatever they may be for each individual, life would be too hard to bear.
I have become somewhat immune to the pain of suffering of others. We allow ourselves to be inundated, on a daily basis, with television shows depicting murder, child/sex abuse, torture, neglect, starvation...
It is only when it becomes personal, when a loved one is involved in an incident, when the outcome involves pain, suffering and/or death, that I realise just how vulnerable we, as humans are, to what appear to be random events.
I have been on the Planet long enough to realise that nothing is random. As trite and cliche'd as it sounds, I believe everything happens as it is supposed to.
There are no coincidences.
There are no coincidences.
I don't believe that life is a script that is tightly adhered to.
I do believe that the Blueprint for each humans' personal journey is drawn before we are born.
I believe there are certain variables that we do have control over.
I read that before we, as individuals, come to Earth, we choose seven exit points. These seven exit points are our ticket back to the Heaven of our choice once we have finished what we came to this Planet to do.
I read that before we, as individuals, come to Earth, we choose seven exit points. These seven exit points are our ticket back to the Heaven of our choice once we have finished what we came to this Planet to do.
I believe if we get scared, confused, distracted or veer off of our path too far, we choose exit One through Six.
I believe the brave, the strong, and the slow learners!, take Exit Seven.
I believe my friend used up one of her Exits the other day when she was involved in the accident.
I hope she has at least a couple left.
I believe my friend used up one of her Exits the other day when she was involved in the accident.
I hope she has at least a couple left.
Random thoughts on a Sunday morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment